Have you helped your students to discover content and enjoy learning—on whatever device they’re using, wherever they are? Are you ready for RDA? Follett Software’s Destiny solution can help. With the input of our Follett First Look participants, Follett is ensuring the Destiny 11.0 update engages all users in the digital learning experience. Our goal is to help students and educators navigate the digital world.
Here's a look at Destiny 11.0 Release Highlights
In Destiny Library Manager:
Showcase the usage of your Library – The NEW Dashboard feature brings librarians and media specialist quick access to their data in an easy-to-view graphical format. The Dashboard enables staff access to up-to-date library data on circulation stats for day/month/year, overdue notices, and holds – from one location. Fully customizable, librarians and media specialists can closely monitor the usage of their library and provide the district with graphical reports. The data, refreshed nightly, can also be manually refreshed for the user’s convenience.
- Easily search and locate Follett eBooks – In Destiny 11.0 students can easily identify types of Follett eBooks with new icons. A green E icon indicates a Follett eBook and an infinity icon indicates an unlimited Follett eBook title. This makes it easier for students to find and utilize the Follett eBooks in their library. Students will also see these icons in the Destiny Quest mobile app.
- Be prepared for RDA - Destiny will now be fully compatible with the new RDA changes being introduced by the Library of Congress on March 31, 2013. Follett will continue to provide both AACR2 and RDA formats to customers, and customers can receive RDA records from Titlewave after March 31, 2013. Destiny customers will be able to set their preferred MARC cataloging format and the easy editor tab for RDA will allow users to easily categorize various media types. Users will also be able to promote an AACR2 record to RDA format.
- Circulate on the Go- Take circulation mobile with the Follett Destiny Mobile App that supports anytime, anywhere checkin/checkout of books, textbooks and assets. View patron account information, monitor copy or item status, and enter or scan barcodes on iPhone® 3GS, 4, 4S and iPad® 3. You can download the Follett Destiny Mobile app after Destiny 10.5 has been installed. Learn more
Get ready to download Destiny 11.0
- Learn about the new enhancements of Destiny 11.0 here
- Ensure your system is ready for 11.0, run the upgrade checker now
- Check out the What’s New in 11.0 document here
- Do you have Follett eBooks? Destiny customers who have Follett eBooks will need to integrate their Destiny system with FollettShelf before upgrading to 11.0. Visit the Destiny Help homepage under Follett eBooks to learn the steps to integrate Destiny with FollettShelf.
Thank You Follett First Look Team!
We would like to thank our Follett First Look members for their feedback in preparing this release. Learn how you can qualify to participate in the Follett First Look program moving forward and provide input into upcoming Follett releases to make an impact on the future of digital learning!
Are you new to Destiny®?
Destiny® solutions can help you drive library efficiencies, get prepared for RDA, master your textbook budge, prepare for a move to digital materials, and optimize the use of your resources. Learn about the Destiny suite of resource management solutions.
Talk to Us
If you are a Destiny customer with a story to share about how Destiny is helping your school/district increase student achievement we’d love to hear from you. Please share it with us in the comments below or email email@example.com for a chance to have an article in our newsletter or a guest post on our blog.